Kimberley Troutte tagged me to participate in the Character Blog Tour. Kimberley is an amazing writer and delightful person. Among her diverse writings are a middle grade novel, Saving Miners’ Gulch and many romance novels. Coming in Hot is in the acclaimed Seals of Summer collection. Recently she has published The God Whisperer, a lovely story about a young boy who hears God.
You can also find her on Facebook: Kim’s facebook page
For this tour the author is supposed to talk about a new Work In Progress or released book. I am going to talk about The Dragons’ Chosen.
- What is the name of your character? Is she fictional or a historic person? Chris Draig and she is fictional, though she has many of the fun quirks of Berkeley people I knew during the early ’70’s.
- When and where is the story set? While Chris is a sophomore at Berkeley in 1974, the story takes place exclusively in a medieval world with dragons and princesses.
- What should we know about her? She’s someone who’s involved in the political change during the 1960’s.
- What is the main conflict? What messes up her life? Trying to save the Princess Genevieve from being sacrificed to the dragons. Chris’s conflict is between her world and Genevieve’s world. Is it real and why is she there?
- Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? The Dragons’ Chosen. The first chapter is out on my web site: Gwen’s Website
- When can we expect the book to be published? Spring 2015